Monday, July 29, 2013

A Time Of Change

  Pretty soon, I will mourn the loss of my very wonderful church family at Emmanuel Christian Church
I will definitely miss being the Mission's Deacon at Emmanuel.  I will most definitely miss each and every church goer there also.  I will miss watching my children playing with the other children at the church.  I will miss watching my sweet 3 1/2 year old run to see if Miss Kathy is there to teach her Sunday School.

  I will miss going down to the river to pray for my family and putting all my needs on the banks of the mighty three rivers of Pittsburgh, PA.  I will miss those nice country drives with my children sleeping in the back seat of the van or car.  I will miss so very much.

  All that I may miss, may have some wondering, "If you are going to miss all that, then why are you giving it up?  Why move?"  Well, for one, I am moving closer to my husband's immediate family which is where my husband feels the need to be.  Second, we are moving so that we both can have better job opportunities.
But most importantly, we are moving to hopefully better provide for our girls and assist in giving them a stable home.

  As much as I will miss this wonderful place, I find I am following God's will.  How do I know this?  Because door are being opened that are not possible for me to do by myself.  God has already provided me with assistance in finding employment in New York, NY by way of a temp agency.  I am doing all I can to trust in God, that He will provide.  For months, I have felt the calling to leave Pittsburgh, PA where I am comfortable with life to go to Staten Island, NY where I am constantly challenged.  New York is a place I am completely out of my comfort zone.  It is extremely different from where I grew up in California.

  Please keep our little family in your prayers as, we adjust to a new way of life.  Please know that if I don't blog for awhile it is because I'm busy with working, children, and our internet availability will be sporadic until we get settled into our own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment