Sunday, February 3, 2013

Life Unexpected

   As Gabriella is getting older, Joannie sees her little sister's many firsts.  She has a tendency to get upset over how much attention her little sister is getting instead of her.  We try an explain to her, that sometimes in life it's not all about what I want or having the attention all on me.  Instead things are about others.  I've started telling Miss Joannie bedtime stories, that are about my earliest memories of her.  Tonight, she wanted to hear about when she was her sister's age.  So I told her that her favorite word to refer to any food when she was 18 months old was "Cheese! Please!" I asked her, "Is this still your favorite food?" With a Cheshire cat grin Joannie's response was, "But of course!"  But then again who doesn't like Cheese, right, unless of course you are lactose intolerant or allergic.
  I then told her the story of the first laugh, she ever did for me when she was awake.  She has always had this infectious laugh, that could make anyone smile.  At first she would only laugh in her sleep.  Then one day, she laughed as one of our cats was sniffing her bare toes and the other was sniffing her head.  I swore that on that day a million fairies must of been born.
  These are the moments I treasure and share with my beautiful girls. While, I do wish the rest of my heavenly children were here.  I find myself excited about what is yet to come.  I honestly never thought, I would ever get married after my string of not so great luck with men.  I had resolved to never marry and on my 30th birthday, go to a sperm bank and have a child that way.  But when I was 25 years old I believe, my doctor told me to quit trying to have children because I would never have any children of my own.  Life did not turn out the way I had planned for it to turn out. No, I believe God's plans were far more amazing than the ones I could foretell. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment