Wednesday, February 27, 2013

When you gotta go

  We have been working on for the last 1 to 1 1/2 years potty training Miss Joannie.  Well, she has finally gotten it, for the last week plus, she has been pooping and peeing on the potty.   Last night, she even pooped upstairs on the big potty with her seat insert and step-stool.  Needless to say, we are super proud of her. Because we believe in positive reinforcement, we have been telling her "Yeah!" "Good job!" "Way to go!"
   I think we may have gone a little to far in doing this. Because if we are out and about now, Joannie proudly proclaims so all can hear "Yeah Mommy!"  "Good job, Mommy!" "I knew you could poop/pee!" I'm blushing when I come out but she's so happy that she's encouraging me, just like I encouraged her in order for her to go potty.
   Her treat for doing so well with her potty training last week, was going to the store and getting Tinker Bell big girl underwear.  The day I planned on doing this was last Saturday.  This was also the day, my husband decided to fix our family vehicle. Not once did she ask me on Saturday about going to the store to get her special treat. I was so proud of her, so when her daddy came inside for his' shower because he was finished with the car.  I told her to put her shoes on because we were going on a special trip. She knew when we got to the store aisle that holds the big girl socks and underwear, the reason for our late night trip to the store.  She was so proud of them, that she showed them to her Aunty in Washington state on Skype!
   This so reminds me of what a sweet, sweet child I have.  I love her to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment